Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our First encounter with...

..., no not an elephant, but Alex.


On our first night in Nairobi, Joanna & I decided to take a load off in the lodge bar. We read in our guide book that Tusker was a Kenyan beer and the best price booze. So we relaxed after a long day of traveling, Karen Blixen's house, the giraffe center and shopping with a nice cold Tusker.

From Africa or Bust
The Tusker did not disappoint! It was great and we finished them as we walked over to our 7pm dinner reservation. On our way, we meet Alex... really for the first time :). He asks us for our empty beer bottles. What?? He goes on to tell us that he has a beer label collection from beers all over the world, but because he doesn't drink, he needs our bottles. Ha! So we hand them off and he starts to wander around strangely. "what are you doing?" "looking for a good hiding place" then he hides the 2 bottles in the bushes and we continue on to dinner. OMG, what a crazy man! We were cracking up!

After our crazy afternoon in the Samburu Village, we get back and I order a water at dinner. The bottle comes and decide it would be funny to give Alex the label. I was cracking up as I passed it over "for your collection". He looks up with this dumbfounded look that wants to burst out into laughter and says "you bitch!" WHAT?!?! From then on, I was the bitch of the group. The poor guy was ridiculed left and right (for good reason, mind you, he was a nut!) but still, mostly from Joanna, and I turned out to be the bitch! But in the end it was all in good fun and he carried that water bottle label throughout the entire trip! Maybe I even made it into his collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment