When I was younger and spent my summers at the beach, me and my best friends would spend our days walking down turtle cove drive to the beach... back and forth, back and forth... often with a stop at the deli for some Ben & Jerry's. The best walks were when it started raining.
It's a lovely, freeing, happy feeling to just walk in the rain.
No umbrella, no rain coat, no shoes, no worries about having just done your hair or make-up. Just letting the rain hit you and your bare feet walk through the puddles.
Since I've gotten older and busier, I haven't done this much at all.
Yesterday morning, I was having a "me" morning. It started drizzling and I thought "I better take Ellie outside before it really starts raining and she gets all stubborn on me". We went out, no umbrella, not having showered, flip flops, tank top... then the clouds opened up and it started REALLY raining.
It was like a flashback to those years at the beach. No worries, no plans... just playing ball with Ellie in the Rain. It was a lovely, freeing and happy few moments. It was the best part of my day.
This also reminds me of a similar moment last winter. Click here -> Snow Angel.
Seriously, I think I need to start indulging in moments like these more than once a year! yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment