Tuesday, July 29, 2014

100 Days of Happiness: #16 - morning routine

I woke up this morning to the usual routine.

1. I'm sleeping on my left side facing the left side of the bed. Ellie is sleeping directly opposite on the right side of the bed. Of course, she's taking up 3/4 of the width of the bed and I get 1/4.

2. Ellie, still in "sleep" position, starts whining. I look at clock. ugh.

3. I roll over and gently pet my little puppy. I say "go back to sleep Ellie-bell".   (mistake #1)

4. Ellie predictable rolls onto her back for a belly-rub.   **giggle**  (mistake #2)

5. After a few minutes of belly rub, I roll back over with "It's not time yet, go back to sleep".

6. Ellie SPINS around like a top, and hits my back with her paw (with a follow up whine) until she gets my attention.

7. No reaction from me! Maybe she'll think I went back to sleep!  (yeah right)

At this point it could go two directions...

8a.  Ellie gets up and then dramatically sits down again but this time so close to me that she's essentially ON me. I can practically hear her say "harumph!" as she does it. Drama Queen.

or 8b.  Ellie gets up, walks to the end of the bed, steps over my feet - like she's about to jump off the bed - but instead she walks back UP towards the pillows but on the very narrow side that I'm sleeping on! WTF?! She's SO on the edge that if I DON'T move, she'll fall off!

SO of course, I start giggling, roll onto my back (mistake #3) and Ellie lays down, as close as she can get, paws pinning down my left arm and the face bath begins.

ELLIE WINS AGAIN! and I get to start my day giggling because she's SO predictable!

...now, if only I could wake up giggling, then roll over to see my handsome boyfriend!... that would be even BETTER!!

Yes, THIS is how much room I get!


And this is Ellie giving the "sad face" that I got up :(

No comments:

Post a Comment