On Friday of last week, it snowed AGAIN. Another foot, unbelievable. Ellie was in HEAVEN! And I have to say I loved it too.... that is until it froze over and I started walking again like a 90 year old woman.
It was Friday night and we were in Peter's Park. There was a man with his dog and his young son, maybe about 3 years old, playing in the snow. Ellie was sniffing around. I was just standing there. It was quiet and peaceful and there was a patch of snow that was untouched and calling to me.
I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking around to see who's watching and debating with myself to "just do it!". Why in the world would I have such a dramatic internal debate? I kept staring at the snow thinking 'I wish I was laying there right now'.
So I turned around, put my hood up, pulled my coat down and fell backwards in the perfectly untouched patch of snow.
I was filled with a rush of chill from the cold snow and calmness from the view of only sky above. It was 15 seconds of total peace. Then I realized my hoover-style dog was off leash and not near me. I looked up and she was still sniffing in the same exact spot, so I stole another 15 seconds of peace until I checked on her again.
Then I thought, hey, I'm laying in a foot of snow... I'll make a snow angel!! And as I did, Ellie caught on and was not a fan. After she barked at me long enough I decided peace time was clearly over.
The next challenge: how the hell do I get up without messing up my snow angel? oh man. I'm not a kid anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment