Thursday, May 1, 2014

just say NO!

Have you ever received a shower invitation that instructed the guests NOT to wrap the gift to the mom/bride-to-be? Well, in my opinion... that's bullshit.

If I'm going to go to a store, pick out a thoughtful gift, then spend one of my few spring weekend afternoons with a bunch of women I don't know and attend your shower, I'll be damned if YOU won't sit there and actually OPEN my gift in front of me while I drink several mimosas!

I realize it's the shower-throwers attempt at saving time, but if you invite SO many people that you can't get through opening all the gifts, invite less people. The mom/bride-to-be is not window shopping and the gifts should not be paraded by her on a ladies-in-waiting conveyor belt.

She should take the time, take many potty breaks if need be, and open every gift giving each attendee the "oohs and aaahs" they are due!

and if my mommy-to-be friend reads this, get ready lady! I love you and I'm WRAPPING MY GIFT!

TAKE THAT! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment