Wednesday, April 16, 2014

28 to Great

I guess it's been a while since I've checked in on wine & tea. Unfortunately, it's been a lot more wine than tea lately... and given the premise of this blog (looking for wine and always finding tea), you'd think that was a good thing! but, alas, it's not. Like most things, I went overboard and "wine'd" myself right out of the game. BUT with the help of MJ, some amazing supportive friends and my new bestie, Sadie, I'm getting back on track!

Friends, let me introduce you to Sadie. http://www.barre3.com/

She's cute, perky, smart and pretty. You'd think I'd hate her, but she's actually pretty amazing and I'm loving this company that she's created. SO, the low down... for $15/month you can subscribe to this website and do as few or as many of the Ballet Barre videos she has available. 

Now, contrary to what you all know of me (i.e. I'm a HUGE klutz), I always fancied myself pretty graceful. I know... crazy talk. One of my MOST fond memories is when I was a kid I used to walk to the bus stop. We lived on a long dirt road that had several large pot holes MOST of the time. After any rain storm, the pot holes would fill up with water and ... whaola! Challenge accepted!!

Picture this, I was a very tall, chunky kid, I would begin at least 20 feet back... begin my approach to the puddle picking up speed and LEAP, legs & arms outstretched, landing gracefully on the other side! I was a the most. beautiful. ballerina. ever. and I was AWESOME!

Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! So let's just ignore the fact that, in reality, it was probably more like a 2 foot puddle that a normal person would have simply stepped over.

This perfect grace extended beyond the walk to school right into dance class (an Oak Knoll class requirement). 1 trimester out out of each year - 7th grade to 11th grade, we were forced to take dance class. I secretly loved it. I loathed the leotard, the running from the locker room on the lower floor up to the dance room while other kids were walking to class, and the fact that other people could SEE me, but I loved dance class... and plus, I came with such extensive training... ok, fine, it was self training, but those puddled seemed BIG sometimes.

Anyway, the days of Jane fonda videos and high school dance class have long passed, and I'm still falling as much as I always have, but I still love the feeling of THINKING I'm a graceful dancer.

In comes Sadie. A perfect mix of workout video to help with the weight loss and ballet barre to help continue to lovely delusion that I'm the most. beautiful. ballerina. ever.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment