On my journey of self-love (ugh), I'm trying to find things about myself that I like (I know... waah, waah, waah) ... BUT I do believe I've found one! I think, although I can be judge-y and critical, I always learn from every relationship I've had, be they a colleague, a friend, a boyfriend, a date, the doorman or the crazy "snapee" lady from upstairs. Every person gives me a little gift gem I can take away and learn from. Now, sometimes I don't listen, sometimes I'm too self involved to appreciate it... but if my eyes are open, I can always see the gem. And I feel really blessed to be able to say that.
There are a few people in my life that are overflowing with rare precious gems! (for comparison, we'll call all the other's rose quartz... wonderful & lovely but just not quite a diamond)
These people are my mentors. They push me... not to necessarily be more, better or smarter... but just push me to be whatever I want to be. They are an elite few who have supported, educated and inspired me, in just that special way makes it all stick.
You can read in prior blogs about my Augi Nani. She was an incredible woman (click here to read about Augi Nani). And, although I haven't written specifically about my Uncle Gib (to come), you will come to know him as her brother and an inspiration. They are the gold standard.
Nani and Gib would be so happy to know that they have a new member into the gold standard. I mean, it's lonely at the top, right? Nani & Gib - please meet Susan.
Susan, FYI, everyone, especially on their birthday, deserves to know that they're a member of an ultra-secret, exclusive club... so SUCK IT UP!!
I won't torture her on her special day much more by writing exactly what I think of her (you're welcome!) but suffice it to say she is the gold standard and I'm lucky to know her.
(the rest of you can meet her at my wedding... whenever that happens, lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment