Sunday, February 28, 2010

Top 10 for 2010

If there's one thing I love, it's eating out!

I'm not much of a chef but, while I continue to work on my skills, I'll also continue what I'll call research. Below are the top 10 restaurants I'd like to at in 2010. Some I've already been to and some are brandy new to me. I've also chosen a variety of price points... want to make sure I can afford eating at all these places :)

Thanks, Beth, for the idea!

   1. Del Posto
   2. Babbo
   3. Gennaro (UWS favorite apparently)
   4. Wherever Beth gets a job - and the winner is Maialino!!
* 5. Landmark Restaurant - 10/2/10 with Margie & the Bonicas, delicious. good wine, great tartar, good steak salad. 7 out of 10 stars, I'd say. They gain stars for letting us in at the last minute and the great view! but loose for "eeh" factor. I feel like I could have had that meal at many placed. Still a good meal, but not necessarily special.
* 6. Blue Water Grill - Check!! Saturday 2/27/10 with KC. She braved a record snow storm in NYC and leaving her adorable baby to come visit me! We, of course, had to celebrate. We ordered fancy cocktails (I had the Hatian hope), sushi (the cooked kind), a crab cake, Sea Bass and Mahi Mahi. Add another fish to my list! I loved it all!
* 7. Mexicana Mama - going tonight with JoJo (4/6/10) can't wait! Update: DELICIOUS. never a let down. Ever.
   8. Mesa Grill
   9. Bar Boulud (ummm, boudain blanc!)
* 10. Calle Ocho - Went with Margie & the bonicas, 10/2/10. Yes, same day as landmark. yes, I was a total pig this day. but very happy :) Awesome brunch!! make a res. they even have a taco cart... delic.

... and a few more for another year or when I come into some money.
   Ouest
* Spice Market - whoo hoo going next thursday w/ Chris & Oksana! Update on this. It was good but you really have to know what to order. Some things were amazing and some things were just ok. very cool ambiance though. I'm glad I went while I could, since I think they're closing down.
   Tabla
   Per Se
   Jean Georges
   De Santos
   Aurora Ristorante

No comments:

Post a Comment