Thursday, February 4, 2010

"in the jungle, ...

Tonight I went out with Simba (i.e Kurt). Simba has a mane. A blonde, long mane accented by a blonde mustache and beard, which he (nervously???) tugged at all evening.

He was the man I referred to in my last post. The one I wasn't completely sure I was attracted to but agreed to a date anyway. Maybe my narrow minded view on long blonde hair and facial hair was short sighted? Maybe if I met just the right king of the jungle it could work out, mane and all! so I went.

He chose a wine bar that I love in my neighborhood. I met him and we had a very enjoyable night. I fear that the fact that I used the phrase "we had an enjoyable night" isn't a very good sign. That just doesn't sound like enough. But seriously, it was an enjoyable night. We had great wine, great tapas and talked about everything quite easily. But strangely when Simba was in the bathroom, the bartender came over and said "how are you? I haven't seen you since last summer! Where have you been?" I had a smile on my face bigger than I had all night. umm.... yeah. That probably doesn't bode well for Simba. I was more excited that the bartender recognized me than I was with my own date.

A little backstory: Simba grew up in Tenefly, NJ (strangely crossing paths with my family history). He got a film masters at columbia and we had a nice conversation about the history of columbia (thanks Bowery Boys!!). We both love eating, love theatre and clearly love spending time with friends. He spends his days doing freelance work for TV & Movies while writing his own sitcom and films. Simba and I really did have a nice date. We laughed and I can't even accurately describe to you his laugh. It was a very flat, throaty "hea hea hea hea hea".  Seriously at first I thought it was a fake laugh. I liken it to my work laugh... one that isn't a complete lie but also isn't completely genuine. But I do think his was genuine.

Will there be a date #2? My guess would be probably not. But hey, at least I met a nice new person, had a great bottle of wine and bacon wrapped dates. I can't complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment