Today is day 1 of 4 that I'm working from home.
When I was planning for Ellie's arrival, I planned to take a week off from work and work from home for a week... thinking that the extra time would make it easier on her to get used to things (and easier on me).
Well, as much as I LOVE the extra week with her, I'm starting to feel like I'm just delaying the hard part. She has to get used to being apart from me at some point. And mid-afternoon naps with her next to me on the couch are probably not helping the cause. In less than a week she will be in her crate all alone while I'm away at work.
So my goal today was to see if I could start the process. The plan was to put her in her crate at 9am and take her out at 11am (when the dog walker will show up starting next week). Since she fell asleep on my feet at 8:15 I moved up our timeline. Let's see if we can make it to 10:15.... sorry, let's see if I can make it to 10:15... without taking her out.
My trick, closing the bedroom door. It's been 15 minutes and not a peep!! Fingers crossed!
I was thinking about you today - I thought you were going back to the office. Glad you have a few more days with the pup. My kids are healthy and waiting to meet Ellie - Enjoy :)
ReplyDelete