Sunday, February 13, 2011

A List of Options

You can't imagine how much thought I've put in to choosing a name for my future dog. I've asked friends, family and coworkers. I've scoured websites - top 100 girls names (in multiple), top 100 boys names, top 50 most unusual names. Maxie's mom loaned me the Baby name book she used when looking for Max's name. I've looked through magazines with my eye on names. Scoured the map of the US for cities that sounded good. Moved on to a map of the world. I'm part Lebanese and about all we ever say in Arabic in my family is Bosseh (pronounced Boosie... means kiss), could that be cute? I looked on Arabic translation sites for cute words that translated nicely. I looked at movie websites of my favorite actors & actresses. Scrolled through my itunes library for songs or band names that sparked something. I love cheese... so why not scroll through all the names of cheeses to see if something sounded good... I mean who wouldn't love a chubby cutiepie named Gouda? At the end of my rope I even considered going to the nail salon to look at polish colors... I mean, there are some very creative colors out there.

So even though the final name hasn't been officially chosen, I thought I'd share with you all the names that have made the list, even if only for a second before they got crossed off. Hey, someone out there might be looking for a few options outside the top 100 and might actually like to name their little one Sitca. You never know. Plus, if I write it all here, I can stop carrying around with me all the pieces of paper with all these written down.

in no particular order...

Lucy,  Eva,  Evey/Evee,  Millie,  Ellie, Dottie,  Gabby,  Allie,  Dee Dee,  Millie,  Macy,  Gucci,  Kaya,  Tilly,  Penny,  Lolly,  Henly,  Cookie,  Emma,  Tally,  Mia,  Abby,  Indy,  Bella,  Sophie,  Mia,  Mya,  Olive/Oliver,  Maggie,  Rosie,  Lulu,  Grace,  Casey,  Sadie,  Callie,  Lexy,  Boosie,  Dolly, Quinnie, Sydney/Sidney, Josie,  Nala,  Zoe,  Hunny,  Collie,  Patty,  Paddy,  Madie,  Cleo,  Emmy,  Kaya,  Holly,  Tia,  Pita,  Winnie,  Chelsea,  Chelly,  Jelly,  Berry,  Ivy,  Lilly,  Luna,  Brinkley,  Berkley,  Xi'an,  Sitca,  Dayton,  Blue,  Red,  Noodle,  Nessie,  Jet,  Ginger,  Poppy,  Willow,  Lacey,  Haley,  Harley,  Hatie,  Nellie,  Polly,  Parker,  Charlie,  Cooper,  Rocky,  Eddie,  Sammy,  Oscar,  Bo,  Murphy,  Marley,  Chip,  Brady,  George,  Chester,  Kibbie/Kibbeh,  Billy,  Junior,  Louie,  Freddie,  Gibby,  Gibs,  Lucky,  Martha/Marty,  Tessa,  Augi, Tina,  Nina,  Mila,  Gidget,  Gertie,  Winnie,  Bertie

And I'll add for good measure, Molly -  which never officially made the list because, of course, we already have a Molly in our family.

May I introduce... ELLIE!!

I like to call her Ellie Belly... because of her adorable, big belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment