It's feels silly to equate having a new puppy with having a new baby. Clearly it's NOT the same. But in many ways it can be. You have to watch her eating, her pooping, what she plays with, what she puts in her mouth, how she sleeps, how she plays, what she eats, teach her right from wrong and make sure she's happy and loved.
Today was an awesome day!!! It was the perfect blend of making Ellie happy and making me happy. We went to puppy play, played with our neighbors AND played with our great friend Carla. THEN I got to go out and have a few of the best "happy" cocktails ever, a delicious meal and an awesome evening with my great friend.
Tonight makes me realize I was right. I can have Ellie AND I can still have the great NYC times I had pre-Ellie. All it takes is a little planning and some great, understanding friends.
I'm a very lucky person.
No comments:
Post a Comment