Friday, November 6, 2009

Picky Me

So, after reading these blogs I'm sure you're all thinking - man that girl is picky! If these diamonds in the rough aren't good enough what IS she looking for? Perfection? (Joke)

To that I answer 'not quite'. The purpose of this isn't to put any of those good people down, mock or make fun... but to help me actually notice a real diamond in the rough when he does come around. I want to make sure I don't miss him!

and if I didn't review and remember all the good and bad about my cups of tea along the way, I might just miss him.

So, here it is, in no particular order, an ongoing updated list of what i'm looking for. And I suppose, in the end, this list would define perfection... at least for me.


- Kind, loving, thoughtful

- Someone I have chemistry with

- Someone I want to make out with

- Tall, handsome (but not too good looking, we have to be equals here)

- Romantic - and not in the gushy, cheesy way but in the "I care enough about you to dismiss the fact that Valentines day is a greeting card holiday and buy you a gift anyway" kind of way

- Someone smart & adventurous. Who pushes me to be more, try more but doesn't make me feel bad when I'm too scared to bunji jump or too lazy to read the Odyssey

- non judgemental but can appreciate a bout of vent inspired judgement, without judgement... hummm... hypocritical or practical?

- loves dogs... and family :)

- gets along with my friends- wants kids & a family but is flexible as to the how, when & where (I don't have that locked down just yet)

- who holds my hand

- listens to my stories even if it's my 2nd time telling it

- someone who wants to be part of my life and wants me to be part of theirs

- who I can laugh with

- someone who never uses the phrase "work hard, play hard"

- and is not mean... and if they are, they apologize... oh, that's a good one... someone who knows how to apologize

- that leads nicely into enough confidence, that he knows how to be humble

humm... I wonder if this is going too far. well, it is the definition of perfection for me and I did say I wasn't looking for perfection.

I may have to rethink this... this perfect guy seems pretty great.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure he makes you feel good about yourself - beautiful, smart and special - because you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I like that one... consider it added!

    ReplyDelete