Monday, August 17, 2009

stay tuned...

So, you may be wondering where the crazy details of my Friday night date are (Aug 14th). Well, there are none. And not because it wasn't a crazy date but because there wasn't a date at all. Unfortunately, Vivek cancelled.

Vivek is an interesting, nice guy from NJ. Like the others, I met him on match.com. After about 2 hours on the phone, this guy could go either way. But I'm a firm believer that you can't tell for sure over the phone, so we agreed to meet in person (where I'm sure I can change his opinion on both Chicago and Boston. He can't possibly hate them both, right?). His suggestion: dinner Friday night, Moroccan, on the upper west side. Once I realized this didn't include sitting on the floor and eating with my hands I was a little excited.

I did believe his reason for cancelling. It was not a story someone who believed at all in karma would tell. And he did seem genuine about feeling bad. I said, of course, he belongs at home. We rescheduled for Sunday. Same time, same place.

Unfortunately, Sunday he cancelled again. So now, we're going to shoot for Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see it :)

I really hope my future father in law, I mean his dad, gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment