Did you know New Jersey was known for Diners? something like the most diners in any state! Anyway, diners have a huge place in my past. As teenagers we spent A LOT of time at local diners and, even though most of those friendships have faded away, they, and the time we spent there, have a very special place in my heart.
In Boston, it feels like there are no diners. It's really a Jersey thing. EXCEPT one, Mike's Diner in the South End. How lucky I am that the one area I moved happens to have one of the best Boston Diners.
I've been several times and Mike's is one of my favorite Boston haunts. Today, I dragged my dear friends at the early hour of 9am. Bringing my very dear friends to a place that has so many memories (really "faux-memories"), AND my friends really having enjoyed it, really made my day.
If you haven't already, and I'm sure you have (susan), everyone should try out Mike's. It's a CLASSIC Diner New Jersey Style!!
No comments:
Post a Comment