Monday, January 5, 2015

100 Days of Happiness: #75 - motivation

Today I'm leaving at 4pm. I had the WORST night sleep ever and am currently in an awake Benedryl coma  (**see below**). This day is going to be so hard and I have to say that I am a little crabby. I'm trying SO hard not to be crabby - but with my awful night sleep it feels impossible not to be. So I'm just going to be as quiet today as possible and maybe no one will suffer the impact of crabby Julie.

That being said, finding something that makes me happy today is also going to be hard. BUT what just came in my inbox? Delivery confirmation of my shiny new toy!

It says "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel." so what do I keep doing?

Refresh browser.
Refresh browser.
Refresh browser.

WHEN WILL IT ARRIVE?!

What is it, you ask? It's a 2015 calendar of my favorite Ellie moments of 2014. Yes. that's it.

What am I going to do with it? (other than carry it around everywhere and stare at my cutie little puppy)... It's my 2015 motivation calendar. Every day I work out, I get a sticker. And every day I don't drink, I get ANOTHER sticker!  (I even love my sticker choice!)

I started this on my normal calendar but of course, it's hard to fit two stickers AND calendar obligations in that little square, so, of course, I needed a dedicated calendar. And I couldn't just BUY one, because how motivating is it to look at photos that other people took? not very.

So I made my calendar.
Paid priority shipping (because when you're motivated, you want all your tools right away!!!)
and am now stalking FedEx.

now back to my regularly scheduled activity... Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.


** Benedryl? yes, I had a freakish middle-of-the-night situation last night... it was a combo panic attack (couldn't stop FREAKING out about having to field idiotic questions all day today), allergic reaction to nothing (couldn't stop OCD itching! Like I had bugs all over me!), I couldn't sleep thanks to the 8pm diet coke and I had no room in the bed, AT ALL (thank you Ellie). So my solution? a midnight shower and 2 Benedryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment