Thursday, December 18, 2014

One for my dad :)

This is silly but I was just wrapping my friend's Christmas gift with some pretty red satin ribbon. And Almost every time I tie a bow with decorative satin ribbon I think of my dad.

One year I was hosting a baby shower and the favor I chose was a simple white pillar candle (who doesn't need a simple pillar candle?) and I tied around each one a pretty blue ribbon because my friend was having a boy.

I had about 30 of these candles to tie bows on and I, of course, wanted them to be perfect. The first few came out crooked. I couldn't figure out how to tie the bow so that it was straight and pretty like you see in pictures.

It wasn't my mom or my artistic sister, but it was my DAD showed me how to make the perfect bow tie. It's funnily one of my most fond memories of my Dad.

I love giving gifts.
I love the act of choosing just the right gift for whoever I'm giving it to.
I love making my gifts look beautiful.
And I love that my Dad had a hand in making me smile every time I wrap a gift.





No comments:

Post a Comment