Ellie and I walked outside, and, with her classic wiggle, she walked up to a guy sitting on the bench to say hello. I always tend to watch the guy's reaction, just in case he looks like he's anti-dog. But this guy was so happy to see her. He pet her, leaned down, kissed her and was loving the puppy love. Then he looked right at me and said "I really needed this tonight. Thank you!"
Now, clearly I don't know what he was going through, but I know the feeling of "needing this tonight". He shook my hand and said his name was Steve. He was a very sweet, handsome man (and before you get any ideas (SMM!) I'm pretty sure he was gay).
Ellie gave him a little bit more love, we walked away, she did her business and a few minutes later we returned back to go inside. On our return Steve was getting up to leave. As he walked closer to us, I said to Ellie "go say good night to Steve" and she ran over to him and gave him more kisses. Afterwards he came up to me and said "seriously, thank you. That was really just what I needed. I can't thank you enough."
I felt kind of sad for him. But I was so happy that Ellie was able to give HIM a little "happy" Break from whatever he's going through.
Thank you my puppy 😘
No comments:
Post a Comment