Sunday, October 3, 2010

I want...

... a dog.

I've always wanted a dog.

In 2008 I adopted a puppy. The cutest puppy on the planet. But, sadly, was not able to take care of it.

Logically, I know the reason. I shouldn't have adopted a puppy, especially when my commute was so long. Lucky for me, I wasn't the only one in the Rogers family who wanted a dog. So she's still with us, just not with me. And still the cutest puppy on the planet!

But, the thing is, I still want a dog! Unfortunately, I'm totally nervous to try again. Even if I got an older dog, would I have enough time for it? Would I be able to exercise him enough? Is it a commitment that I'm ready for? How do I know when I'm ready?

What I do know is I'm lonely and would love to come home every day to my very own dog. To have a reason to pick up my fat ass and go for a walk. Is that a valid reason?

My mom visited me last weekend with the best surprise - Molly (i.e. the cutest puppy on the planet). I loved every minute of their visit. I could have sat outside with her all day long and watch her watch things. I automatically felt happier, more social, more motivated. Then they left.

I'm 32 years old, single and living in NYC. Why shouldn't I get a dog? It's not like i have any real commitments. I actually think this may be a pretty good time. My job is pretty flexible and why shouldn't I take advantage of that? What am I waiting for? Why not do what I want now? Something for me, that would make me happy. Why not? ... devil's advocate speaking: it's a large time commitment, you're already have a busy social schedule, it's expensive... me speaking: I'm bored with my same old routine. I'm ready for a change. And I think this might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment