Friday, September 18, 2009

fishing

So this week Rockstar & I went to a hurry date event. It was a simple social located at a bar where you pay $15 and they are supposed to provide an evening of full of men (or women) to meet, chat with & possibly fall madly in love. This was not quite the case on wednesday. What a freaking disaster.

Rockstar & I got there on time and took residence at the bar. We thought that would be a nice location to get to talk to as many people as possible. And it was, at least for the few men there were. There were about 18 people there 14 of who were women. Of the 4 men in the room, 3 were talking to us. Now this would be a good thing had the 3 men not been: 1) 5'1", 2) left after 15 minutes, and 3) so drunk that the bartender had to escort him out. Oh, I forgot about the guy who gave Rockstar his "social card" and the doctor who invited us to a networking singles event for smart people. Hysterical!

At one point, we found out that the organizers had stalked the men sitting at the downstairs bar and asked them to attend. I can just imagine what she said to get them upstairs. We lasted about 2 hours and decided we had given our best effort.

Where to next? A real bar to try it the old fashioned way. Much more fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment