Saturday, November 7, 2015

100 Days of Happy: #16 -- a great day


Today was a truly wonderful day. 

It started with the most lovely walk in one of the most lovely places I know. 



Ellie and I got to the park early (as soon as it was light enough out to see the bears and run in the other direction). While we were there we met a really nice new friend named Molly and her dog Bella. (We even exchanged phone numbers! Yeah a friend!!) Not only did we have the most enjoyable conversation during our extra long walk but she brought me into an area of the park I had never been in which was simply gorgeous!

THEN I got a Diet Coke from Wendy's (my first in a week!)... Heaven.

THEN I bought myself $3,000 worth of doner sperm. Yep! I pulled the trigger on doner #1! It's an incredible relief to have made the decision and I'm so happy with my choice. He's tall, dark & handsome... 1/2 Lebanese/Syrian (similar to me!), loves dogs, is compassionate, brave and funny. There is a lot more I like about him but suffice it to say I'm very happy with my choice.  (I'm now starting to get a little scared about this plan. Now that the process is all but complete I'm starting to really digest what this is really going to mean. And when I'm not petrified and second guessing my plan, I'm truly excited and happy!)

THEN I hung out with my parents for a bit, took a walk with my mom, did some Christmas shopping and wrapping for a friend, hit the grocery store, did some work for my employer, did some work for my family business AND called the doctor to tell them today is officially day 1! Not only does that mean the planned  timing of my trip to Boston is a "go" but 12-16 days from now we could be pulling a different type of trigger!

And FINALLY, to top off my wonderful day, I'm now bed watching a brand new episode of the Big Bang theory. HILARIOUS!! 

... A truly wonderful day. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment