I tend to move on average every two years. I get antsy and look for what my next step is going to be. I realize not all my steps have been straight forward, but I wouldn't consider any of them to be backwards. Some may have been slightly sideways, but all my steps have been positive.
I'm not making any steps right now, but I do think it's time for a bit of soul searching. What do I really want to do with my life? How does someone even figure that out?
I can't wait for the day when everything is what I want - job, home, relationship. That's not to say perfect, but that window, no matter how wide or narrow, when I love my job, have a loving relationship and am happy & cozy all over.
You know I don't do well sitting around and waiting for it, so some definite soul searching is in order!!
If I was smart (and not terribly squeamish), I should have become a vet like my dad suggested.
(don't tell him I said that!)
Mike and I know exactly how you feel and have these types of conversations a lot! Maybe some type of mid-life crisis? We feel like there is this life that we would love...but we don't know how to get there - mostly because we don't know where "there" is. Keep us posted on your journey...because as they say that is the good part. xoxo
ReplyDelete