Ok, so I gave the slow starts a genuine chance this weekend. I went out on date #2 with the school teacher, Doug. He really is so nice, I wanted to like him! but I just couldn't. We spent a gorgeous day on the high line then went to a bar to get food and drinks. The sun was out, the derby was on, it had the potential for a really fun day! Unfortunately, it was just boring. I had more fun laughing with the bartender than with my own date. Not a good sign. So when he asked me out again, I felt horrible BUT at least I was honest! I actually had a conversation with him in person and politely said no thank you. I'd say I handled it very maturely (unlike the alternative, chickening out and saying yes to a second date while in person then bailing after I get home... see the paragraph below).
Next I went out with KG. OMG. I'm more convinced than ever he's in the closet. Let's just say that when I mentioned I worked for MTV he told me a story about how he always wanted to work there. He tried and tried and couldn't get in. At least not until he went in and pretended he was gay. yes, ladies and gentlemen, he actually did this. He said he just "acted gay" and got the job. Finally when he was positioned backstage with many women changing clothes, someone called him on his sexual preference. Apparently at no point did he actually say he was gay, but when he was asked, he answered honestly and apparently was no longer needed on the project after that. I almost didn't know how to react. Let's just say that between the hair dye job, his poor relationship with his dentist, his very intense approach to dating and his ambiguous sexual preference I decided a second date wasn't in the cards. This time I wasn't quite as brave. I emailed him this morning and am awaiting the email backlash as we speak. It could really go either way... he could be nice and accepting (i.e. not email back), but I'm betting on bitter and angry.
Back to the drawing board!!
No comments:
Post a Comment